Thursday, April 7, 2011

I am Too Grown For This

You want to question how I feel

because of what You had didnt grow

You want to question all my thoughts

And all the things you do not know

You want to live in your past

Because you cant move on with your life

You want to blame me for all the things

That you couldnt make out right

You want to shout me out on Facebook

And deteriate my name

You want to post your little comments

To try and make me feel shamed

Your trying to pick a battle

Because you really want me to snap back

But I got to tell you baby girl

Im just too grown for that

Im not going to stoop to your level

And give your life any meaning

Im not going to give you any conversation

Although, i know right now your fiening

Im not going to give you a smile

Or even roll my eyes your way

So whatevers on your mind

You can say what you want all day

Im the type to choose my battles

And frankly your not worth the amunition

Because when I picture you

I picture no competition

I didnt steal your man, or sleep with him behind your back

Im just a woman who met a great man

And its hard for you to handle that

When you didnt get the outcome you were waiting on

I became your target

And as woman, I completely understand

How it feels to be broken hearted

Your his "EX" know your role,

Im the woman who graces his hip

You dont have to like it, but respect it

And thats all im a say on that tip.

Im not declaring war

Or trying to be nasty in any way

Thats far from my style

I just say what I want to say

Right now im being a Lady

And just speaking from my heart

Because what God has brought together

No Woman can tear apart

So as far as im concerned

In our life, you dont exsist

This is my first and last attempt to tell you

Im just too Grown For this!



Side Note: I dont know why women love to continually tear other women down. We should be uplifting each other every chance that we get. This was for one in particular woman who felt the need to lash out on something that I felt like was unjust and did not make since to me, but I just could not find it in myself to stoop to her level, so I choose to be a little more creative to get my feelings out. Hope you enjoyed and ladies I hope you learned something too.

No comments:

Post a Comment