Friday, April 8, 2011

I Open My Eyes

I close my eyes to wonder
to wonder if you still care,
to wonder if you still love me,
to wonder if your still there.
To pray to God for peace
to rain and fall on me,
to guide me through the darkness
and allow my soul to be free.
I close my eyes for comfort
to escape my harsh reality,
to find my hiding place,
away from all this brutality.
I close my eyes for love,
in hopes of someday I shall find,
but only if I choose
to stay away from your kind.
I close my eyes to run
to run from all the dreams that have been stripped from me
to run from all this madness
to run from all this uncertainty
I close my eyes to fly
to fly over all the poverty
to fly over all this sadness
high above all this captivity.
till at last, I find my landing
I've escaped everything that has hurt me
destroyed all the wicked in my past
until I can finally be free.
I want no more dark days,
I want to be free to rise,
and when that day comes,
I too, shall open my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment