Thursday, April 7, 2011

My Journey Home

I get up in the mornings
trying to find my destiny
configuring my thoughts
knowing you got the best of me.
It's hard to find the light,
trust me, I know.
when I allow you to take me places
I really don't want to go.
Conformed by your thoughts,
molded by your hands,
construed by your kicking,
controlled by your plans.
Then you tell me 'I Love You',
I don't know what that is.
But I'm trying my hardest to pretend I do,
only for my kids.
To love me is to know me,
and I don't even know myself
bound by your darkness
screaming out for some help.
Burning in the fire,
my wounds are cut deep.
Laying right beside you,
afraid to go to sleep.
I hear the birds chirping,
singing a happy song.
Wish someone was there to translate,
to help me get along.
Crying everyday,
pretending things are alright.
And if I don't do something to change this,
I might die tonight.
Or have I died already?
The person I use to know as me,
is long gone in the wind.
I've been trying to hold my head above water,
only to find out I can't swim.
Where is my life guard?
Shine a little bit of light.
Wipe my tears from my eyes,
to show me it will be alright.
Hold my hand through this pain,
let me cry on your shoulder.
My days are getting darker,
my nights are getting colder!
I no longer have a voice,
when I speak, nothing comes out!
I only hear the screaming inside,
as my thoughts continue to shout!
LET ME OUT!!!!!
I have nothing left to give,
everything has been stripped from me,
and you still want to lay up,
and tell me that you love me?
JUST STOP!
I can't take it anymore.
living life in death,
smelling the blood on these floors!
I was the one who gave you life,
and you want to take it from me?
Choking me till I cant breath,
thinking you control my destiny?
God knows whats best for me.......
That's why he decided to take me home....

No comments:

Post a Comment